What have we done to limit the risk to our patients?
- Asymptomatic urgent patients only seen
- Infection control measures accross the practice including disinfection procedures hourly as well as between patients
- All patients screened for temperature and symptoms before and upon appointment which includes screening patients symptoms and
offering advice when it is clear that a delay in being seen is not likely to endanger vision.
- Personal protection equipment to be used when using the slit lamp. Limited speach during the slit lamp examination when 2 meter
distancing cannot be maintained. https://www.college-optometrists.org/the-college/media-hub/news-listing/ppe-personal-protective-equipment-covid-19.html
- Reduced staff on the premises to reduce the risks.
- Hand washing and alcoholic handwash available across the practice and used by all inclduing apteints upon entry and exit.